Corporate FinanceVersion 2.1
- Over 300 short videos (1–5 mins.) scripted and recorded by the authors provide detailed solutions to examples, explain the meanings behind key concepts and topics, and fully support a flipped-classroom option.
- Online learning components embedded in the digital reader version include:
- "Explain It" videos demonstrate key concepts and clarify topics that typically confuse learners.
- "Explore It" videos provide richer context by walking students through animations where the inputs are manipulated, and the authors discuss the implications.
- Three types of solutions videos accompany most examples: 1) showing the algebra; 2) showing the financial calculator keystrokes; and 3) demonstrating the solution with Excel™.
- Downloadable Excel™ templates available for most examples.
- Autograded quizzes and flashcards
- Hyperlinked glossary
- Key chapters are organized in easily managed, "bite-sized" chunks and all chapters were built with a modular course structure in mind.
- Chapter 10 "Capital Budgeting: Estimating Cash Flows" is updated to reflect the impact of changes in U.S. tax laws in 2017.
- All supplements were written by the authors and have been class tested for over twenty years with thousands of students, including an instructor’s manual with chapter summaries, outlines, additional quiz questions, discussion questions, sample problems, and a mini case; a test bank containing over 2,000 items; a rich set of PowerPoint lecture slides; and FlatWorld Homework with over 1,000 items.
Appropriate for courses on principles of finance, managerial finance, financial management, or corporate finance for finance majors and minors at the undergraduate level and first courses in the MBA finance curriculum.
Corporate Finance is the first principles of finance textbook that was written specifically for delivery on an online platform. In this first edition published with FlatWorld, this book’s pioneering digital-first strategy has found a perfect home. The book encourages students to push beyond rote memorization of “how to do the math” to truly understand the meaning of the numbers.
In a typical corporate finance course, a lot of time is spent teaching students the key mathematical concepts, which doesn’t leave much time for teaching applications. Corporate Finance features over 300 videos scripted and recorded by the authors that are embedded throughout the digital version. These videos enable students to practice operations in conjunction with learning key concepts, freeing up valuable class time to learn how to apply these concepts to issues in the world of finance. The videos support online or hybrid instruction particularly well and provide helpful on-demand reviews of concepts to facilitate anytime/anywhere learning.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
Additions & Errata
- Table 2.4 Preferred dividends line deleted
- Example 12.1 Calue for Operating Margin corrected to 2.41%
- Chapter 12.1 Updated “Operating Leverage and the Operating Profit Margin” video in Explain It
- Equation 14.3 COrrected definition of variables so Sales sub t doesn't appear twice
5/9/22: Figure 18.4 Profit (Payoff) Diagram for One Long Call Option updated to $0 Profit when $St = $X + Premium
2/22/21: Table 10.3, third column label changed to “Year 2” from “Year 3”.
8/25/21: Table 2.5 Balance Sheet heading now reflects Year Ending December 31 ($000s).
01/5/21: Chapter 18, section 5: Videos for Short Put and Long Put updated; spreadsheet for Short Put Profit diagram updated