Research Methods: Core Concepts and Skills for PsychologyVersion 2.1
- Examples drawn from the entire range of contemporary psychology, including abnormal, clinical, and counseling psychology
- Content and terminology influenced by leading original books and articles in the research methodology literature—as determined by an empirical analysis of the reference lists of secondary sources
- Incorporated concepts from the Undergraduate Psychology Major Learning Goals and Outcomes document commissioned by the APA
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Research Methods: Core Concepts and Skills for Psychology, v2.1 is appropriate for first courses on psychology research methods or experimental psychology taught in two- and four-year colleges and universities.
Research Methods: Core Concepts and Skills for Psychology, v2.1 features a standard organization—making it easy to assign in conjunction with most existing syllabi. The book emphasizes a fundamental idea that is often lost on undergraduates: research methods are not a peripheral concern but are central to the discipline. The overarching goal of this textbook is to present the basics of psychological research methods. It focuses on the concepts and skills that are most widely shared within the discipline, while emphasizing both their centrality to the field and their contribution to the understanding of human behavior.
New in This Version
- Version 2.1 is updated to reflect the seventh edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (copyright 2020). Version 2.1 integrates the key changes in the updated APA publication manual including the formatting of manuscripts, references, and citations, and includes updated and accurate examples for students to follow.
- Version 2.1 is now accompanied by FlatWorld Homework
- Reflects the recent updates in Version 2.0:
- All external links updated and new links added
- Several new "callouts" on a variety of interesting and useful topics
- Eliminated tables of critical values and new focus on using p-value calculators
- Added new "Chapter 14: The Big Picture" with a focus on concerns about traditional research practices, their effect on the reliability of research results, and meta-analysis and open science movement as ways to address concerns
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here