Principles of Social PsychologyVersion 2.0
By Charles Stangor
- Research Foci in each chapter provide detailed information about a study or a research program.
- Social Psychology in the Public Interest Features reinforce links between social psychological principles and everyday experience.
- Chapter reviews and quiz questions.
- Key terms.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Social Psychology and Fundamentals of Social Psychology.
Principles of Social Psychology is a comprehensive text covering all of the traditional topics. Rather than relying on “modules” or “appendices” of applied materials, Stangor integrates applied concepts to the text itself. Stangor weaves applications from other disciplines throughout the text, such as Business and Consumer Behavior, Politics and Government, Health and Behavior, and Law.
New in This Version
- Updated discussion of our human evolutionary past.
- Expanded discussions of evolutionary psychology, explicit racism, intergroup violence, and contemporary theories of morality.
- Updated figures and added in-text guidelines for interpreting figures that depict statistical interactions.
- New chapter openers, including the benefits of mindfulness, the Trump presidential campaign, the 2017 Quebec City mosque attack, racism and the Black Lives Matter movement, and global warming as a social dilemma.
- Added a number of citations related to the effects of social media use on personality and behavior.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
Additions & Errata
- Changed "the 2008 elections" to "the 2016 elections" in 5.1. (11/9/18)
- Changed "do matter and the social situation is" to "do matter, the social situation is." (11/9/18)